When it comes to beauty and fashion, the gender divide still exists. You may be crazy about deep purple smoky eyes, but your boyfriend likely hates it.
A recent study of men (18 to 30) by an affiliate fashion website, MyCelebrityFashion.co.uk, discovered the beauty and fashion trends that men love to hate.
Here are some of the study’s findings, courtesy of PRLog.
Fashion Trends Men Hate
• UGG boots were the most hated fashion item by men (57%).
• Rihanna was labeled by 3 in 5 men as the worst dressed celebrity of 2009.
What Men Think about Fashion Colors
• Most men (3 out of 5) favored darker colored clothing as they consider it more sexy.
How Men Feel about Tattoos and Makeup
• Although 58% of men said they disliked too much makeup, 20% still believed that some makeup was better than none at all.
Fashion Trends Men Like
• The fashion trend that men liked the most (37%) was the maxi-dress.
• Other fashion trends preferred by men were skinny jeans, A-line skirts, and one-shoulder dresses.
More: Check out some other popular trends that men hate here (like over-sized sunglasses a la Nicole Richie).