It looks like the messy 5-strand braid is going to be one of the hottest hair trends for the summer.
Have you seen the 5-strand braid and wanted to learn how to do it? “It’s really just a simple weaving of the hair back and forth in an over under pattern,” reveals braid guru Melissa Cook of Latest-Hairstyles.com.
Just follow her simple steps below (including the photo tutorial after the jump) and you’ll quickly be on your way to learning the intricate 5-strand braid.
To create a messy 5-strand braid
1. Begin by separating the hair into five strands.
2. Starting on the right side, take the two farthest strands and cross the right one over the left.
3. Drop the strand in your right hand and cross the one in your left hand under the next strand on the left.
4. Now drop the strand on the right and cross the original strand over the next one on the left.
5. Then drop that right strand and cross the original strand under the next one on the left.
Now begin the same steps but work in the opposite direction towards the right side.
6. Holding the furthest left piece out of the way, take the next two strands and cross the strand on the left under the strand on the right.
7. Now cross the strand in your left over over the next strand on the right.
8. Then cross the strand in your left under the farthest right strand.
9. Drop that strand (which is now the furthest strand on the right) and begin working in the opposite direction crossing the right strand under the left one next to it.
10. Then, cross the right strand over the next strand on the left.
11. Now, cross the right strand under the next strand on the left.
12. Continue this weaving, over, under, over, until you get to the bottom of the hair.
13. Secure the end with an elastic.
14. You’re done!
Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/blushstopshere
[Photos and text courtesy of www.Latest-Hairstyles.com].