Another blogging year has flown by and it has been a blast, as usual!
This past year, it seemed like makeup products weren’t for the faint of heart. Whether it was highlighter or lipstick, the colors were all about getting everybody’s attention.
I did my best to go big, bold, and glowy but I’m hoping for a bit of a break next year. What about you?
Here are some of my top beauty finds for 2016:
- NYX Strobe of Genius–NYX launched a beautiful illuminating palette this year with cool and warm tones that went beyond the basics.
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick–This lipstick line screams luxury from the case with embossed lettering to the highly pigmented shades like Blackmail, a deep berry shade.
- Clarins 4-Colour Eyeshadow Palette–This wet/dry eyeshadow palette is enriched with mineral pigments and comes in 3 shades: nude, rosewood, and brown. Hint: There’s a new palette on its way for spring 2017.
- Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Traditions–This holiday gift set features anti-aging black tea extract, which inhibits damaging free radicals (yay!). I’m a big fan of the Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrate that reduces puffiness and improves the appearance of skin under the eyes.
- Maybelline Lip Launches–For bold lips, Maybelline launched two collections this fall: New York Lip Studio Color Jolt (a shiny lip paint with eight times more pigment than traditional gloss) and New York Color Sensational The Loaded Bolds (a hyper-pigmented lipstick with non-drying Kaolin clay base).
- Dior 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette–This splurgeworthy eyeshadow palette comes in such amazing shades. You need at least one for your eyeshadow collection.
It’s always an honor and a treat to be invited to a local beauty event. Here are a couple of events that I attended this year:
- London Drugs Annual Beauty Preview–For beauty bloggers in Vancouver, this is the main event! It was my first year to receive an invitation to the London Drugs event, and it rocked with fall beauty launches from prestige and drugstore beauty brands.
- Clarins Spring Beauty Preview–Clarins Canada always hosts the most elegant beauty events with lunch and a media presentation of their seasonal launches. Stay tuned for future reviews on their latest spring 2017 innovations.
- NYX Cosmetics After Dark–NYX Cosmetics Canada hosted a fun evening event at a downtown Vancouver lounge this past summer complete with a portrait artist.
Thanks so much to fellow bloggers and readers who stop by, comment, and follow The Blush Stops Here. It’s great to connect with you and check out all of your fabulous blogs every day.
Have a great Blogging New Year. Happy 2017!