I was pretty excited to find out about the return of Pixi Beauty to Canada. Since I didn’t get a chance to get to know the brand when it was available at the store which shall remain nameless (starts with “T” and ends with “t”), I’m not going to miss the opportunity this time.
When I checked out the Pixi Beauty offerings at a local Shoppers Drug Mart, I wasn’t sure which products to try first. A beauty advisor suggested I try these two products to get to know the brand:
- Endless Silky Eye Pen
- Glow Tonic
Yes, this eyeliner is silky (with no smudging) and yes the color is long-lasting! I was easily able to draw a line in a single sweep with the Black Cocoa shade I picked up, which is a beautiful deep brown.
Here are some other details about the Pixi eyeliner that I like:
- Gentle on eyes, yet intensely coloured
- Mineral oil-free
- Not tested on animals
Here’s how Pixi suggests using their eyeliner:
- Apply from inner corner of eye to outer corner in one single sweep motion.
- Add thickness where desired.
- If a smokier look is desired, blend immediately after applying.
- Replace lid after use. Do not store with cap off because the liner will dry out!!!
- Place in freezer for a few minutes prior to sharpening for best results.
If you’ve been eyeing a pricier liner, this one is a worthy alternative because of its smooth application. I can’t wait to try out another color!
Sometimes, the cream cleanser I use doesn’t remove all of the makeup I’m wearing. So, I’ve been looking for a toner to ensure my face is super clean every night.
The Pixi Glow Tonic, which is flying off the shelves, was available (phew!) at my local Shoppers Drug Mart so I was really excited to see how it works. If you haven’t heard about Glow Tonic, it has rave reviews as a mild glycolic solution that exfoliates, brightens, and smooths skin.
So far, I’m loving the Glow Tonic because my sensitive skin is tolerating it, so much so that it looks fresher. On top of that, the tonic removes the makeup my cleanser sometimes misses.
Here are some other details that I like about the Glow Tonic:
- Aloe vera, ginseng, and botanical extracts work together to nourish and treat
- Alcohol free
- Gentle for all skin types
- Not tested on animals
Here’s how Pixi suggests using their tonic:
- Cleanse your face.
- Saturate a cotton pad with the Glow Tonic and sweep across face, neck and décolletage (avoiding the eye area). You don’t have to use too much!
- Follow with a serum or moisturizer.
Next on my Pixi Beauty wish list is the Glowtion, a radiance-boosting moisturizer.
If you have a favorite Pixi Beauty product, let me know. ❤️