If you’ve been wondering about the state of contouring these days, one of Clarins’ spring makeup launches may have some clues.
The limited edition Face Contouring Palette contains long-wearing powders enriched with organic sweet almond oil, as well as an anti-pollution complex to protect skin.
The trio of matte powders comes in a chic gold compact with a large mirror. The universal shades, which represent a more subtle approach to contouring, are:
- Highlighter (light beige) brightens dark areas.
- Contour (medium brown) corrects and minimizes prominent areas.
- Blush (soft rose) enhances the cheekbones.
While the highlighter is on the light side, the contour and blush are pigmented enough to define and sculpt, and add a healthy and pretty flush of color. The texture of the powders is also soft and blendable.
The star of the palette is the small angled brush that helps to easily define facial contours. The curvy brush, which has natural bristles, is tailored for precise contouring. I found that it easily fit the contours of my face and helped to sculpt the cheekbones area. I also used it to define the sides of the nose.
- Apply the highlighter shade to the center of the forehead, upper eyelids, above cheekbones, nose, and the area just above lip and chin.
- Apply the neutral brown shade to the top of the forehead, sides of your nose, beneath the cheekbones and the sides of the chin.
- Apply the blush shades to the apples of your cheeks.
To make it even easier, the palette includes a handy card with instructions to make sure you get this subtle on-the-go style of contouring just right.
Disclaimer: Media sample provided, all opinions are my own.